Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10/08/08 - Day...Ummm...that one

I left Ontario today to head south toward Maryland. The idea was to get to central Pennsylvania today in order to have a very short journey tomorrow. Problem is, I awoke to a blanket cloud cover and rain. It rained the entire time I was riding, which was not long(only 150 miles). I was going to stop and get a picture of Niagara in the rain for you all, because its just gorgeous, but by the time I got there, I was quite soaked. You'll have to live with one I took a week or so ago, when it was sunny.
Anyway, the rain trip was actually quite fun, till it managed to soak through all the leathers. Then it started getting cold. I had on a rain coat(improvised with a plastic garbage bag), so my torso never got wet, and the helmet kept my head dry, but I did get a late start and it got dark well before my destination. Since I was getting cold, I decided to stop in Batavia, NY, which is just outside of Rochester. Hopefully tomorrow will be less drizzly and I'll be able to make it the remaining distance to Maryland.

No comments: