Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10/21/08 - Texas part II

Today was really fun! Remember way back, when I was telling you all about the roads in Nebraska? Well, ignore that. Stay away from Nebraska's roads unless they are between you and Texas' roads. I-10 is still long and mostly straight, but unlike Nebraska, it goes through some long rolling hills and the scenery is 100 times better. Plus, they upped the speed limit to 80mph(130kph for the rest of the world). I do believe that stretch through Central Texas, is the best bit of highway I have been on yet. The non-highway portions have been better and I think the best is yet to come(foreshadowing the road out of Carlsbad toward Phoenix). Anyway, it dropped my miles per gallon down from 35 to 25, but was so worth it.

This is the only photo I took today, as I was approaching my destination at Fort Stockton.
Weather fronts are interesting. I'm just glad the rain was way south of me. It looked to be dumping quite hard.

2 comments:

PenguinSushi said...

Wow, man. That photo is *amazing*.

~PS

Richardson Family said...

Beautiful picture! :)