Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10/22/08 - Carlsbad

Okay, in the future, remind me to do the proper research on national parks first. I only had to ride 150 miles today to get to Carlsbad, New Mexico. The plan was to then head up to the park and see Carlsbad Caverns. Unfortunately, I didn't look into it till today. In order to go see the best parts of the cave, you need to sign up for a guided tour. Reservations are full till Friday for guided tours. I then considered taking the short trip up to Roswell to see the alien stuff, but frankly, I'm really only interested if I can see actual aliens, a comodity that is likely to be scarce there. Instead, I decided to take a nap, since I haven't managed a full night's sleep in a few days. Rested and recharged, I can now head over to Lordsbug, New Mexico tomorrow. This is the town where my dad was raised. I'm really looking forward to this ride, given the following image I took from Google:

Route 82 is going to be a blast!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a shame, too. The caverns are really cool.
Had a blast there as a kid!

Trog said...

I went to Carlsbad Caverns when I was a kid, too, actually. Very cool. Though I seem to recall that at that time, while you were in the caverns, they would put a Carlsbad Cavern bumper sticker on your car without your knowledge. Which I thought was pretty darn rude, really.

Richardson Family said...

Have fun on Route 82! :)