Sunday, September 14, 2008

09/14/08 - Day 12

I got very high today. I crossed the continental divide at about 7000 feet. Most of the trip today was at a high elevation. I'm glad it was sunny, cause it was cold and probably would have snowed in places otherwise.

I left Salt Lake City, heading east into Wyoming. There is a reservoir about half way to the border that I always enjoy. It looks like a great place to go boating. Almost half way through my trip todayI came to the aptly named Green River. I thought the area was quite pretty. Looking in the opposite direction from the previous photo, there are some very interesting formations. Rock climbing anyone? I took this next one about 65 miles later when I stopped to rest my poor aching backside. Needless to say, I'm quite happy that i stopped at this unapproved rest stop instead of the one I came accross a few miles down the road from here. I believe that is an Elk. there was a whole herd of them, but only two came out to investigate.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the elk (I'm presuming you're right about its classification, having no idea myself).

I had no idea Wyoming was so gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah! Wyoming is absolutely beautiful.
That's where I plan on building my little log cabin with my two little hands. Somewhere in the foothills.

So, any idea when you'll be crossing the Mississippi?

-Cameron/Shadow

Midnight Son said...

I plan to cross the Mississippi early Thurday morning en route to Toronto.

Anonymous said...

Actually the animals you have pictured are pronghorn antelope.