Wednesday, September 3, 2008

09/03/08 - Day 1

I left Utah today, on my way to visit my parents in Florence, Oregon. This is a two day trip, which, unfortunately, takes me straight through Idaho. For those of you who are unfamiliar, this is Idaho...
It is quite flat and usually smells of manure. I kid, but there's really not a lot to see in the state. On the plus side, looking at my helmet, they apparently have a wide variety of small winged insects. So there's that. (Its not all bad. I once spent a very lovely week in Farragut, ID as a Boy Scout)

Anyway, my first stop is in Baker City, Oregon. This is a small town just a few miles west of the Idaho border. Its not a bad place as small towns go. I did find a very interesting restaurant here by the name of Sumpter Junction.





The food was par for a restaurant, though I hear the breakfast is great. We shall see. What really stands out is the train track on the inside going around and around the place.


And, just cause I enjoy tweaking them a bit more, here's a picture of Mos Boise, which is definitely a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. ;)

4 comments:

Chris said...

Good stuff Midnight. To someone who lives in the manicured, closely settled UK the kind of scenery in your pics is pure road movie.

Anonymous said...

Does the train track go all the way round the restaurant, or is it on a podium in the middle?

I like your first post, good mix of text and pictures, and now I want to hear more.

Midnight Son said...

Actually, dish, it does go all the way around, then into the area where i took the picture. It even drives by your seat, if you happen to be in one of the booths.

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo jealous.