Monday, September 29, 2008

09/18/08 - Day16

Very delayed. Sorry. I will be posting more with more frequency, but the last week was quite hectic. On the plus side, I'm adding about 200 photos to the photobucket for you all.

Today was the final push to Canada and a much needed rest. I will be spending a couple weeks here visiting a friend and touring the area.

I decided to cross the border using one of the ferries, instead of taking the highways. Here's my first view of Ontario from the Marine City, Michigan docks.

I was somewhat surprised to see a very nice cathedral in Marine City. Its a fairly small town, after all. These next few are of the crossing. I waited till the middle of the river, then got one looking back, one looking downriver, and one looking ahead.
After crossing, I started north in order to hook up with the 402 towards Toronto. About half way there, in the middle of No and Where, I ran into a traffic jam. Cars were moving at a snails pace for about 2 miles. Upon reaching the cause, I saw three police cars blocking off an intersection for no apparent reason. No accident on the road; There were no businesses around for a crime scene. I can only surmise that they were looking for Hog Goblins, but I evaded them and went on my merry way.



Oh yeah, For the first time ever, I was grilled mercilessly by the authorities at the border. usually they snag the little old ladies for the searches and such and let me go with barely a glance. I knew the scruffiness would catch up to me sooner or later.

5 comments:

Richardson Family said...

Hey there! Signed into photobucket, but there were only the pictures that you posted on the blog...are we missing something?

So, where are you in your travels at this point? Are you still in Canada or are you back on the road again?

Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I agree with Beth! Where are you now. I thought you were going to spend a week in Canada but it has been much longer than that.
I hope we will hear more soon.

Midnight Son said...

Takes time to compile that many photos. They'll be there. I'm still in Canada.

Richardson Twins said...

Great to hear from you! I hope that you are enjoying your time in Canada. It looks gorgeous!

Richardson Family said...

The pictures on photobucket are awesome! The girls loved all the animals!! :) Thanks for sharing! love you!