Friday, September 5, 2008

09/05/08 - Day 3

Today was a rest from the biking as I spent the day with my parents(pics of them to come on a later date), looking at various things on the Oregon coast. Our first stop was overlooking this lighthouse. Ain't I just gorgeous?
Since this is a cross country trip, I figured I'd better have proof that I started out on one coast, so I rolled up the jeans and went for a wade. Rolling them up didn't save them, though, as the waves decided that they needed to get bigger as I was walking out.
Next up was an interesting place called Cook's Chasm. Apparently the famous Captain Cook decided that it belongs to him. I didn't hear him complaining about us taking a stroll down, so he must not be too possessive. At high tide(or in a storm surge) the waves flow into the chasm and cause the spout you see here. I'd be interested in seeing it at high tide in a storm surge.
On the way back, we stopped at this little lookout that overlooks the north end of the Oregon Sand Dunes. I have decided that, on a future ride, I'm going to have to run the entire Pacific Coast Highway

If you are interested, I do have some additional pics available on Photobucket.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks gorgeous. I need more sea in my life.

Chris said...

Sunny weather in the Pacific North-West? Surely some mistake! :-p

The Oregon coast looks so much like Cornwall it's uncanny. Totally not how I imagined it, but cool all the same.

Anonymous said...

I've only been on the PCH for about 15 miles in California, and even that little snippet makes me want to ride the length of it someday.

Someday, yes.

*checks watch to see how much longer until retirement*

PenguinSushi said...

cool, man. Like the pictures. :)

~PS